Coffee Desire is Gone

My last blog was about finding a coffee that would help regulate my body, and at the same time fuel it.  What I discovered after a month of drinking Bulletproof Coffee every morning is this...I don't need coffee anymore.  I have absolutely no desire to drink it.  Now, if someone bought me a cup, I would not refuse it.  But I honestly don't need it anymore. 


Don't you remember either your parents saying this or hearing it on tv/movie when you wanted to try something that wasn't good for you (i.e. drinking, smoking, etc.) - "You want to "drink," then "drink" but that's all you can have."  The outcome was that you probably wouldn't want to "drink" anymore.  I think that's what happened to me.  It's not that the coffee was bad.  But after drinking it non-stop for a month, I woke up one day not wanting it. 

It's been a week since I came to this conclusion and I still feel the same.

This kind of happened with sweets.  There was a time I HAD to have chocolate chip cookies (the ones from Whole Foods), red velvet cupcakes, or chocolate (I deceived myself thinking it's dark chocolate so it's ok) everyday.  And then I stopped.  I tried a red velvet cake on my birthday and got terribly sick.  That was a sad day.  But a wake-up call.  I just can't eat crap.


I've been half-heartedly attempting to do the Whole30 program.  I have eliminated most grains and sugars except for the incident described above.  And I will admit, pizza is my kryptonite - how do you watch the Playoffs without eating a slice (I do limit myself to one slice).  I'm a work in progress.  I'm not perfect but it does get easier.  My next two vices to eliminate are pizza and alcohol.  Should I try my coffee experiment and eat every day for a month?  That is my goal for the next two weeks, to work on no pizza or alcohol.  Gonna be tough with my Hawks going to the SuperBowl!


Wish me luck!  Grace aka Work In Progress.

Comments